The Denver Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce has been an icon in the Denver community since 1992. As a whole, the DGLCC strives to make a continuous, consistent, meaningful presence with participation and involvement in partner, allies and sponsor projects, events, causes and legislation.
Our focus at the Denver Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce is to provide positive and energetic support for our GLBT members, GLBT-supportive business owners and our local business community.
Ambassadors are highly visible, prestigious volunteers who serve as the Chamber’s primary liaison to new members. Ambassadors play an essential role in member recruitment, communication and retention, and each Ambassador is charged with conveying member needs, questions and concerns to the Chamber Board of Directors and staff.
Upon their appointment, each Ambassador makes a commitment to build lasting relationships with the membership, particularly new Chamber members, in order to build a loyal, committed membership base that will continue to support, participate and invest in the Denver Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. Ambassadors commit to spending 2-4 hours per month on their duties as Chamber volunteers.
Ambassador Duties and Responsibilities
- Ambassadors get to interact with other Chamber Members
- Ambassadors get to network with other Chamber Members
- Ambassadors increase their business by creating relationships
- Ambassadors actively promote membership, facilitate networking among members, and encourage participation and involvement in the Chamber
- Ambassador are highly visible liaisons to current and new Chamber members
- Ambassadors play an essential role in member communication and retention by acting as extension of the Chamber
- Ambassadors convey member needs, questions, and concerns to the Board of Directors, which keeps the Chamber in line with their member’s needs.
- Ambassadors earn Chamber Points for DGLCC Ambassador of the Year at the Annual Business Awards Dinner
- Attend as many Chamber events as possible including Special Events, Monthly Business After Hours, Breakfast Series Thursday Mornings, Ribbon Cuttings, Special Luncheons, Annual PrideFEST, AIDS Walk, Business EXPO, Annual Business Award Dinner and special events.
- Maintain quarterly contact with the members assigned to you (2-4)
- Volunteer at Special Events
- Ambassadors will hold 1 monthly meeting – TBD – 1 hour