At the Chamber
We have cancelled all in-person meetings including the Business After Hours May 11 th or otherwise allowed by state and city regulations.
We have already held one virtual meeting with the Denver Metro Planning committee and will be utilizing tools like this for other groups like our networking groups. We are looking for additional creative ways communicate and engage with our members. Please share any current trends you think will be useful and tips on being resilient through this period.
We are sensitive to the impact this will have on our small business members and their employees. We are engaging with legislators and the Governor’s office to escalate release of funds through the SBA that will desperately needed for small businesses and employees. We are continuously receiving information on resources that we can share with our members. Please watch for emails with resources for your business and employees.
- Purchasing gift certificates to local restaurants, record stores, and brick & mortar retailers to provide an alternative revenue stream
- Hosting virtual happy hours with friends and family to bolster human connection
- Buying tickets to future community events to show support for the greater community
- Offering grocery store runs or meal delivery to the elderly and immunocompromised
- Contributing financially to food banks for children who have lost access to daily meals during school closures
- Donating to artists, performers, and venues to show solidarity and continue the celebration of the arts
- Creating wish-lists for direct delivery to non-profit organizations and shelters that cannot currently receive in-person donations
- To donate or volunteer: https://unitedwaydenver.org/covid-relief/
Critical moments like this historically produce paradigm shifts that also bring opportunity. It forces people to think outside of the box; create new tools, products, and services. This is a time to dive deep into your business. What will you learn about yourself, your customers, your services and your workplace during these times? Evaluate what is outdated and needs re-vamping.
Keep connected through Facebook and twitter. Use the messaging boards in your Member Information Center.